Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Spinach Meatballs (with Spaghetti)

Sorry for the low-quality photo. I was too busy eating these to take a proper picture. Come to think of it, this doesn't look terribly appetizing haha. But I swear they were really good!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. lean ground beef (I actually used 1.3 lb. of 90/10)
  • 1/3 to 1/2 bunch of fresh spinach, stems cut off and chopped up
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I used a little bit more)
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well. (I really got into it with my hands... gotta add that 손 맛)
  3. Form into small meatballs (mine were 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter).
  4. Place meatballs on silpat mat on a cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of your meatballs) until fully cooked. Every 7-8 minutes, flip/rotate the meatballs so they cook evenly.
  6. When meatballs are fully cooked, remove from oven.

While the meatballs were in the oven, I cooked the pasta and heated ready-made (i.e. Prego) spaghetti sauce. I simmered the meatballs in the sauce for 8-10 minutes before serving them over thin spaghetti.

Yum!

I think this recipe will serve 3-4. We ate half and froze the other half for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment